Yesterday, Ghana’s COVID-19 app was virtually launched by the ministry of information chaired by the vice president of the Republic Of Ghana Dr.Mahamadu Bawumia.
Today, we present to you some hidden activities that app can perform on your phone without your notice as complied by Gideon Aduku an I.T expert.
“So I decompiled the Coronavirus app last night to take a look.
Here is a list of what the app can do on your phone and what it has access to:
1. See all your files. Photos, videos, documents
2. Have access to your biometric data. Fingerprint and Face unlock data
3. Access to your phone microphone
4. Edit your documents
5. Access to your phone’s vibration motors
6. Access to your camera
7. Read all your contacts
8. Record audio
9. Save data
10. Edit and Delete data
11. Change settings
12. Track your activity, walking, running, sitting, etc.
Read and Modify your Calendar.
An app that is just supposed to ask questions and predict an outcome should not have access to all this info…besides the fact that iquent technologies is not even a Ghanaian company(I stand to be corrected) and most likely would have access to people’s health data.”
He posted on his facebook profile.